Looking to purchase a Selden GX or CX Furling system? Please visit our Online Store or simply Contact Us with your vessel information and we will get in touch to let you know which spinnaker or Code 0 furling system is right for you!
Below is text from Selden regarding these innovative and user friendly furling systems.
Want to see your crew smile?
The power and acceleration achieved when unfurling a Code 0 or an asymmetric spinnaker is spectacular. It will make your sailing more fun.
Simply hoist the furled sail, release the furling line, pull on the sheet and you have added horse power to your sailing and given your crew a positive sailing experience. To douse the sail, ease the sheet, pull the continuous furling line and secure it in the purpose made Twin-Cam block. Once the sail is furled it can be neatly dropped and coiled into a bag or left hoisted for later use. Seldén provide all necessary accessories for safe and carefree furling of “off-the-wind” sails.
Seldén CX and Seldén GX are operated with an endless furling line running over a line driver drum. The furling line is preferably led all the way back to the cock pit and Seldén offer the Double Fairlead and the Twin-Cam block for a well organized set up. A purpose made AT-Cable has been developed to secure the function of the system and as the performance of top-down furling is dependant on the torsional rigidity of the AT-cable, it is included in the Seldén GX furlers.
•Metal ”teeth” in the drum make for a good grip on the line when furling the sail.
• A wedge in the line guide separates the line from the drum when unfurling the sail and the drum spins freely.
• Sealed steel bearing in the drum and in the halyard swivel for long service life.
• Rubber fender prevents the halyard swivel from chafing the mast while hoisting the furled sail.
• CX. Spring loaded lock makes it easy to connect the thimbles to the drum and the halyard swivel.
• GX. Patented line lock for easy mounting of the AT-Cable to the drum and to the halyard swivel.
• All structural parts are made of high-strength Duplex stainless steel. This means reduced material and low weight.
• Non-structural parts are made of impact resistant glass fibre reinforced polyamide composite.